Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Capital Grille Lunch

Eight hours is a long time to go without a good meal, especially when you, um, work for a living. So what's a girl to do but constantly seek out a fantabulous weekday lunch?

Unfortunately, fantabulous sometimes = longer than my hour lunch break so the quest can be difficult. WAH.

But wait, what's that you say, Cap Grille? You're gonna serve me three courses for $18 in an hour? We'll see about that.

You could definitely say that when I got invited to try out the new "Plates" menu options I was a little skeptical. Three courses? For $18? What is this like a tasting menu with wittle baby portions?

NAHHH. Not even.
OK, maybe not everyone is going to choose the Wagyu cheeseburger topped with a fried egg and crispy onions as their main course, but man, you really should. For a place known for their dry-aged steaks, it's pretty tough to turn down a red meat option. Also, NOM. Jeebus, make sure you don't have any afternoon meetings.

I mean, yea.
 Other noobs include a roasted red pepper soup (very rich and flavorful) and roasted root vegetables (oh hayy health), but I also tried the lobstah roll, clam chowder, green beans and truffle fries and they were pretty damn clutch.
Clam chowdah


Looks pretty plain, but this def packed a punch

You know I love my lobstah baby. Almosttt as good as in Boston.

Alright, so I guess you can say I'm a believer now. You can find me napping under my desk if you need me.


Capital Grille (locations nationwide, but this is the one near my office)
1861 International Drive
McLean, VA 22102
703-448-3900

No comments:

Post a Comment